Yesterday was Mother’s Day. Instead of a card and flowers, I paid tribute to my mom on Facebook by sharing her wisdom.
I heard these phrases repeatedly throughout my life – and she still says them. This is my core being. This is who I am.
My brother and I are the luckiest children in the world – we got to have Mom as our mom!
- “Keep your mother happy.” ~Dad
- “I’m not everyone else’s mother. I’m your mother. And I’m saying no.” ~Mom
- “You are smart. You are loved.” ~Mom
- “Yes, we’ll give you everything you need. No, we won’t give you everything you want.” ~Mom
- “Your friends will come and go, but your family will always be there.” ~Mom
- “Don’t pack more than you can carry yourself.” ~Mom
- “Always have a budget.” ~Mom
- “The world is a better place because you’re in it. You are special and don’t ever let anyone take that away from you.” ~Mom
- “You can do anything you want. You just have to face the consequences of your actions.” ~Mom
- “Family before friends.” ~Mom
- “Settle it between yourselves.” ~Mom