So it’s been a while since I updated you guys on my medical details, tests, and dates. I have to tell ya, it feels like 1 step forward, 1/2 step back, and then a holding pattern for the next step forward. Here’s what I mean:
Last week, I was waiting for my appointment with my Primary Care Physician (Tuesday, April 23rd). That was to be the last one before my surgery was scheduled.
1/2 step back
However, during that appointment, my EKG was off so my doctor ordered a blood test and a consultation with a cardiologist. The cardiologist appointment was for Thursday, April 25th.
Another 1/2 step back
The Cardiologist listened to my family history of high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and stroke – as well as my own high blood pressure. He also had the results of my blood test which showed an ridicoulsly high level of Lipoprotein A (I’m talking over 160).
As a result, he ordered a stress echocardiogram for today.
What does this mean? If they find heart disease, it’ll need to be rectified and dealt with BEFORE Lumpy is removed. If they don’t find anything, that means my surgery will go on as planned. And this leads me to….
A HUGE step forward
My surgery, barring any negative findings from todays stress test, is scheduled!!! It will be Tuesday, May 7 at 10 AM.
So, as you can tell, my feelings are mixed. I am definitely an “action” person and I’d love to move forward as quickly as possible. But intellectually, I completely understand the need to determine if my heart is healthy enough for my surgery.
But still….I want to move on this!